Man kan tro att detta också är ett aprilskämt, men den gode Jayjay har (utan att fråga) satt upp Apmel (inte Amen) Goosson bland de ärade jurymedlemmarna även denna gång.
This is the 3rd of the UWA Grand Art Challenges. The format is hugely different from the previous challenges, in that it is a SINGLE ROUND ONLY, lasting 3 months. Any of the artworks entered could walk away with the L$100,000 Grand Prize!
This art challenge in OPEN TO EVERYONE. The theme is open with a 100 prim limit per artwork, and limited to ONE ENTRY PER ARTIST.
The UWA Centenary 3D Art Challenge is run in tribute to the 2013 Centenary of the University of Western Australia. In recognition of this milestone a Special Centenary Prize of L$60,000 will be awarded to the artwork that best reflects the spirit of the UWA Centenary. as determined by the UWA members of the judging panel.
This Challenge is sponsored by UWA, The S&S Gallery of Fine Art (TheDove Rhode) and The Tornado Gallery (Taralyn Gravois) the Phi Designs Group (Ginger Alsop). All pieces entered across the year will be eligible to be filmed for MachinimUWA IV: Art of the Artists II, which will coincide with the grand finale announcements of this new challenge.
* There is NO THEME restriction for the Centenary Challenge. The limits are the imagination. Create something that will take our breath away. Any form, any shape, any influence, any medium. Of this world, or the next! However there is a special prize for the artwork that most closely reflects the spirit of the UWA Centenary.
* There is a 100 prim limit. (Up to 150 land impact PE for mesh, but actual prims must remain under 100.)
* 1 entry only per artist
* DEADLINE: 30th June 2012
Place the artwork in the art entry receiver at the UWA Art Challenge platform (no perms required, but copy is appreciated if possible) . If you have problems with the receiver give artwork to Jayjay Zane or Jayjay Zifanwe along with Artist NC:
Name of Art Entry:
**RL City :
UWA CENTENARY 3D ART CHALLENGE PRIZES:
1st Prize L$100,000
2nd Prize L$75,000
3rd Prize L$50,000
4th Prize L$40,000
5th Prize L$25,000
6th - 10th Prize L$20,000
1st Prize L$35,000
2nd Prize L$20,000
3rd Prize L$15,000
UWA Centenary Special Prize L$60,000
UWA Centenary Honourable Mention Prize L$20,000
PEOPLE'S CHOICE PRIZES
1st Prize L$ 5,000
2nd Prize L$ 3,000
3rd Prize L$ 2,000
To submit entries for the UWA Centenary 3D Art Challenge, visit the UWA 3D gallery platform, and drop your entry in the receiver. You do this by selecting the entry in your inventory (left mouse button) and then press CTRL + drag the entry while holding down that key to the prim of the receiver. When the cursor is over the poster (red outlines should appear around the receiver box), release your left mouse button and the item is received. Do this for BOTH your entry and your Artist Notecard.
If you have difficulties doing this, give the entry to Jayjay Zane or Jayjay Zifanwe.
Contest Entry Rules:
1) Any artwork/ object can be submitted. They can be inanimate or have animation. They may contain scripts if you so choose - maximum script time of 0.5ms, and anything that runs at over 0.05ms is to have an on/off on touch with time out of 10 minutes max (if you are unsure of your piece's script load please contact one of the Challenge hosts to have it evaluated). 100 prim maximum (or 150 land impact PE for mesh).
2) Note that by submitting an entry, you are giving permission to the University of Western Australia to place the objects anywhere on UWA owned land, and to have information and images of the entries placed on UWA websites and on websites promoting the UWA SIMS or events held on the UWA SIMS or to be filmed for Machinima purposes.
5) A valid entry, is any object dropped onto the contest entry receiver. Pick up item from inventory while holding down the CTRL key, and drop it onto the contest entry billboard prim (release the left mouse button when your entry is in position to be dropped in).
6) Alternate method of entry is to drop the object into the inventory of Jayjay Zane, who is executive officer for the UWA Art Challenges, or Jayjay Zifanwe.
7) All entrants should join the group 'UWA 3D ART AND DESIGN CHALLENGE’
8) To join, copy and paste the following into local chat, then click as appropriate to join the group: secondlife:///app/group/cad9c421-8b96-f9c1-fb40-dade48c43fe4/about
9) All work must be original. Renderings of works by others, in part or in whole, whether or not they are under copyright, should be acknowleded and permissions secured when appropriate.
Judging Panel for the Centenary Challenge is:
Professor Ted Snell (RL) - Director, Cultural Precinct, The University of Western Australia
Dr Sue Boyd (RL) - Member of Senate, UWA, Chair, UWA Centenary Planning Committee (Former Australian High-Commissioner & Consul General)
Penny Young (RL) - Alumni & Networks Coordinator, UWA
Virginia Rowland (RL) - Senior Policy Officer, Centenary Planning, UWA
Adia Yu (RL) - Quantum Enginered Systems Centre of Excellence Coordinator, UWA
FreeWee Ling (SL) - Curator, UWA 3D Open Art Challenge
Quan Lavender - Journalist & Blogger
Apmel Goosson - Journalist, Blogger, Author & Publisher
Nazz Lane (SL) - Journalist and Author
Apollo Manga (SL) - examiner.com Writer & Novelist
Dr. Phylis Johnson (RL) - Media Professor, Southern Illinois University, Author - Machinima: Aesthetics and Practice (a.k.a, Sonicity Fitzroy, SL Virtual Journalist)
Mal Burns (SL), Metaverse News Aggregator and Broadcaster
Chestnut Rau (SL) - Journalist
Thirza Ember (SL) - Art Blog Writer
Dousa Dragonash (SL) - COO Metaverse Television
Rowan Derryth (SL) - Art & Design Historian; Writer for Prim Perfect Publications
Jay Jay Jegathesan (RL) / Jayjay Zifanwe (SL) - Manager School of Physics/ Lead of UWA Virtual Worlds
Len Zuks (RL) - Award Winning West Australian Sculpturist
Lyn DiCiero (RL) - Editor, WA Artist's Chronicle
Sasun Steinbeck - Creator of the Art Galleries of SL list at http://sasun.info/ArtGalleriesofSL.aspx
Persia Bravin (SL) - Journalist and Media Producer (SL newspapers, magazines, radio and television)
Dr Carmen Fies (RL) - Second Life Lead: University of Texas San Antonio & UTSA Artspace
TheDoveRhode (SL) - Owner of the S&S Gallery of Fine Art
Curator for the UWA Centenary 3D Art Challenge is FreeWee Ling
Host for the UWA Centenary 3D Art Challenge is UWA & Jayjay Zifanwe